I had agonizing stomach pain —my headphone charging cable was to blame

I had agonizing stomach pain —my headphone charging cable was to blame

He’ll surely be unplugging for a while.

A 15-year-old boy baffled doctors when he came into a hospital with a USB charging cord —appearing to fit both phones and headphones — somehow lodged in his gut, the Mirror reported.

The boy, from Diyarbakir, Turkey, was rushed in by family after complaining of nausea and stomach pains. An X-ray quickly revealed the plastic-coated nightmare awaiting digestion.

He was thrown in an ambulance and transferred — about three hours away — to Firat University Hospital in Elazig where a specialist was going to take a crack at the charger-dectomy.

Pediatric gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan called for an endoscope procedure to rid the boy of the cable.

A boy in Turkey had a charging cable stuck in his stomach.
A boy in Turkey had a charging cable stuck in his stomach.
@prof.dr.yasardogan/Newsflash

When he arrived, pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition department head Professor Dogan and his team got rid of the foreign object after performing an endoscopy procedure.

“We obviously had a hard time removing the cable, as one end of the cable had passed into the small intestine,” Dogan said.

After finally yanking the coiled cord out of the teen — then observed to have measured three feet in length — a hair tie was discovered inside of the boy as well.

Doctors removed both a charging cable and hair tie from the boy.
Doctors removed both a charging cable and hair tie from the boy’s internal organs.
@prof.dr.yasardogan/Newsflash
An endoscope was used to retrieve the items.
An endoscope was used to retrieve the items.
@prof.dr.yasardogan/Newsflash

It remains unclear how or why he consumed the objects.

“After the procedure was successfully concluded, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dogan added.

Last year, a similar instance occurred when a 9-year-old boy in Stirling, Scotland, almost died after eating six magnets as part of a TikTok challenge.

A 14-year-old boy in India ate 16 toothbrushes and a three-inch nail because he thought it would cure his addiction to eating dirt.

#agonizing #stomach #pain #headphone #charging #cable #blame

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *