Boosting Upload and Download Speeds Across Popular Tiers for Customers in Colorado
On the heels of increasing internet speeds for the majority of customers in Colorado, today Comcast launched an additional multi-gig internet speed tier for Xfinity and Comcast Business customers throughout the Denver Metro Area. Comcast is now delivering download speeds up to 2 gigabits-per-second (Gbps) and up to 5x to 10x faster upload speeds to customers throughout the Denver metro area.
“Our network is made for anything, so you can do anything,” said J.D. Keller, Senior Vice President Comcast Mountain West Region. “Comcast continues to be ahead of customer demand, which enables our network to meet our customers’ needs for fast, reliable internet connections. My own kids and family are working, learning, chatting, watching movies or playing games online whenever we are in the house. I know others have the same experience. Comcast’s investments in our network will provide peace of mind to Coloradans that they can stay reliably connected through the technology they have today and be able to meet their needs tomorrow.”
The new multi-gig tier and faster upload speeds are part of the largest- and fastest multi-gig network and WiFi deployment in the United States, which Comcast launched earlier in 2022. As an additional component of this initiative, the company plans to introduce multi-gig symmetrical services in the second half of 2023. As markets launch, Xfinity Internet customers who subscribe to xFi Complete will have their upload speeds increased between 5 and 10 times faster. xFi Complete includes an xFi gateway, advanced cybersecurity protection at home and on the go, tech auto-upgrades for a new gateway after three years, and wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
“By investing in infrastructure upgrades that ensure secure, reliable connectivity for all our residents and businesses, installing free Community WiFi Lift Zones in neighborhoods with the most connectivity needs, and supporting area families with their Internet Essentials Program, Comcast has shown a commitment to the Denver metro area to ensuring Colorado is prepared for tomorrow – today,” said J. J. Ament, President and CEO, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce.
Speeds Supported by an Unbeatable WiFi Experience
While fast speeds are table stakes, Comcast is regularly introducing new capabilities to help our customers manage their increasingly connected homes:
- Next-Level Cybersecurity: Advanced cybersecurity that blocks threats at the gateway, before they reach devices, to keep everyone safe and secure online.
- WiFi Controls: A dashboard for all the devices connected to the home network with built-in capabilities to pause access, set up parental controls or automate screen-time rules.
- Wall-to-Wall Coverage: A reliable connection for all connected devices and coverage throughout the home with Xfinity xFi Pod WiFi extenders.
- Most Recommended Mobile: A top-ranked mobile service according to the ACSI, Xfinity Mobile combines the most reliable 5G with more than 20 million WiFi hotspots to deliver the fastest mobile speeds in Comcast service areas and save people hundreds of dollars per year.
- Unbeatable Entertainment: 4K streaming to enjoy content in one place and an award-winning voice remote to navigate between them seamlessly. Plus, thousands of hours of free entertainment.
More information about the industry’s efforts toward a 10G future can be found here. Visit Xfinity to learn more and sign up for these exciting new products.
Facts about Comcast in Colorado:
• Comcast has more than 1,200 miles of fiber in the City of Denver – nearly 9,000 miles throughout the state of Colorado.
• More than 2.3 million homes and businesses have access to Xfinity and Comcast Business products and services statewide.
• Comcast has invested more than $1.2 billion in its network in Colorado alone in the last three years.
• We make continuous strategic investments in building broadband network capacity to stay ahead of demand — effectively doubling our capacity every 2.5 years.
• Since 2011, Comcast has connected nearly 600,000 income-constrained Coloradans to the Internet through its Internet Essentials Program – the nation’s largest and most successful private-sector low-income broadband adoption program. The program provides income-eligible people the ability to connect to the Internet for $9.95 per month. Additionally, Comcast participates in the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program which provides those who are eligible a $30 per month credit for the Internet service.
• As part of Comcast’s ongoing commitment to help connect low-income families to the internet, Comcast also worked with our network of nonprofit, community, and city partners to equip nearly 100 locations across Colorado with WiFi connected Lift Zones where students and adults can get online, participate in learning and workforce development trainings, and access critical resources.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) is a global media and technology company that connects people to moments that matter. We are principally focused on connectivity, aggregation, and streaming with 57 million customer relationships across the United States and Europe. We deliver broadband, wireless, and video through our Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky brands; create, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, Universal Studio Group, Sky Studios, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, multiple cable networks, Peacock, NBCUniversal News Group, NBC Sports, Sky News, and Sky Sports; and provide memorable experiences at Universal Parks and Resorts in the United States and Asia. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/comcast-is-launching-new-multi-gig-internet-speeds-to-denver-area-homes-and-businesses-178606497
2022 News Direct Corp.
#COMCAST #LAUNCHING #MULTIGIG #INTERNET #SPEEDS #DENVER #AREA #HOMES #BUSINESSES